Whether you are out of town, on vacation, or just joining us from another part of the country, you can join us each week as we stream our services live. We broadcast our services live on Saturday evening at 6pm and Sunday morning at 9am. If you missed the broadcast we archive all of the weekend messages under the resources tab.
One of the most incredible truths of the gospel is that we are dead to the Law of Moses. Sin, using the Law to condemn us, no longer has power over the saints. Paul puts it this way in Romans 7:6, “But now we are released from the law, having died to that which held us captive, so that we serve in the new way of the Spirit and not in the old way of the Law.” Being dead to sin and dead to the Law we are now alive to grace. We are now free to serve God in a brand new way. Let’s consider what this new way looks like. Let’s consider serving 2.0.
I. Freedom from the Law of Marriage (vss. 1-3)
II. Freedom from the Law of Moses (vss. 4-6)
The Take Home:
1. Serve in the power of the Holy Spirit
2. Serve through your relationship with the Son
3. Serve to bear fruit for the Father
Questions to consider:
1. What does it mean to serve in proficiency AND power, through ritual AND relationship, and for fruit for ourselves AND fruit for God?
2. Do you wait upon the Lord, prayerfully, for power to serve your Master well? What does this look like practically for you?
3. Do you talk to Jesus throughout the day as you seek to serve God in everything you do?
4. Are you more concerned with the fruit you produce for yourself or with what you’re producing for God?